No, you do not have to compete but triathlon events are a lot of FUN and participation in the triathlons are encouraged. The Ogopogo Triathlon Club tries to support regional races which are listed below.
To see all the KOS races in the province check out the TriBC website here LINK.
New last year is Project 2024. “After seeing a gap in development, Project 2024 was borne to provide performance pathway athletes, between the ages of 13 and 19, with an opportunity to participate in a competitive, draft legal environment, with the possibility of spring-boarding on to Triathlon Canada’s National Development Team. Triathlon BC has designated 3 provincial events as part of a Provincial Race Series. Athletes taking part in the Series collect points towards an overall Triathlon BC Series Championship.” The Youth Junior Series Races are also listed below.
- May 14/17-Kamloops Spring Sprint & KOS Family Festival-BC Summer Games Trials
- June 18/17- Okanagan Falls Jr Triathlon
- June 24/17-Paradigm Naturopathic Medicine KOS (Vernon)- Super sprint. Youth and Junior Series Race
- July 16/17-TriKids Okanagan (Kelowna)
- July 16/17-TriPower’s Fun in the Sun Triathlon (Summerland)
- Aug 19-20/17- Kelowna Apple Triathlon –Super sprint. Youth and Junior Series Race
- Sept 3/17- Summerland Orca KOS & Sprint Triathlon– This is traditionally the team’s last race of the season and is very well attended.
The full list of KOS races is on the TriBC website (all Kids of Steel races are labelled as KOS in the Distance column)